Monday, August 22, 2011

Rough Nights: Share Your Story and Win A Reader Swag Bag


Hi, all,
Those of you who've read Darkness Rising know it starts off with a pretty rough night for the heroine, Lalah Norris. If you haven't read it yet, I'll give you the first couple of lines so you get the picture.

"Lalah awoke in a pool of cold, sticky blood. Her clothes clung to her like a slime second skin, the metallic scent invading her nostrils."

As you can see, Lalah wasn't exactly headed for a stroll down the primrose path.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you about a rough night you've experienced. College shenanigans, public embarrassment, and faux pas of all kinds are welcome. Just keep it PG, please. From the comments posted, I'll pick the most compelling or funniest story, and that lucky reader will receive a reader swag bag, including a free autographed copy of Darkness Rising and some other goodies!

I'll start it off by telling my own embarrassing tale. When I was in my freshman year of college at St. Augustine's in Raleigh, I was walking with a friend to be inducted into a national honor society. I was wearing a mint green suit, just for the occasion, high heeled shoes( anyone who knows me will tell you I rarely wear heels), and perfectly coiffed hair. Well, as my friend and I passed by a boy's dormitory, a huge black trash bag filled with water was dropped on us from the third floor of the dorm. Needless to say, I went nuts and charged in there, brandishing a shoe. Luckily my friend dragged me away, and we went to the ceremony, damp, but determined to celebrate our academic accomplishments.

So share your pain. After all, we've all been there. I'll choose a winner from the comments and notify them no later than August 31st, and I'll also announce it here on the blog.


Until Next Time,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment