Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year, New Awesomeness


Hi, Y'all,
This is my first post of the New Year, so Happy 2012! I know I'm a little late to the fair, but hey, I lead a hectic life.
Anyway, there are so many neat things happening right now that I want to crow about. The year is off to a great start in books and films, and I hope the trend continues.
So here's my two cents about what's hot right now.

Movies:
(Full disclosure, I have yet to visit a theater in 2012 but am definitely going to in the next week or so. I have little kids...there's the issue of a babysitter. Any volunteers?)

Red Tails
: George Lucas+Awesome Special Effects+Great Cast+Much Needed History Lesson= A Movie We Should all See!

One For the Money: Janet Evanovich fans, rejoice! Finally, the quirky heroine Stephanie Plum makes her way to the big screen (played by actress Katherine Heigl.)

Books:

Rival Demons, by Sarra Cannon: This is the fifth installment in the edge of your seat young adult fantasy series, Peachville High Demons. I am currently on book four (Shadow Demons), and can't wait to finish so I can get the next one. This is a genre I don't usually read, but I'm telling you, the story will grab you and hold on tight. Check the series out!

Indigo, by Beverly Jenkins: Technically this was a 2011 re-release of a 90's release. The e-book version of this classic African American romance tale came out late last year. It was my first read since I missed it the first go round, and let me tell you, heroes don't get any hotter than Galen Vachon. Don't miss this one.

What's happening in my world? Well, I'm hard at work on two books, a contemporary AA romance, and a historical interracial romance. I also have another book in edits right now (that's Kissing the Captain, which I hope to release in February or March.) More details on that release coming soon. I also have yet another short AA historical on submission to a small but well established publishing house. It will likely be awhile before I hear from them but I'll let you know when I do.

In other news, Lil Dude (my son) has started kindergarten. My sweet daughter is learning so many new words I can hardly keep up. And I am preparing for the upcoming 2012 Romance Slam Jam, to be held from April 11-15 in Little Rock, Arkansas. For me, Slam is the most fun time of the year, and I can't wait to see my readers, fellow writers, and partners in crime again.

Here's hoping 2012 will be full of new awesomeness for you and yours.

Until Next Time,
Kianna/Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment