Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year- RSJ Time!







Hi, ya'll,
I know, I know. When folks start talking about the most wonderful time of the year, you probably think of Christmas. I love that, too- although I don't care for cold weather, I love the family time and great food. But in my mind, the funnest time of year is April. Spring is in the air (I try to overlook the pollen), the temperatures are on the rise, and the Romance Slam Jam conference is poppin'!

You say you don't know about RSJ? What the what? Head on over to www.romanceslamjam.org and educate yourself about this fantastic event. Every April, hundreds of readers and authors of multicultural romance descend on one lucky city and bless it with their combined awesomeness. This year, the chosen venue is Little Rock, Arkansas, and the festivities kick off two weeks from today! I'm so excited I could bust my buttons, y'all!

So many great authors will be in attendance- Beverly Jenkins, Farrah Rochon, Gwyneth Bolton, Iris Bolling,Victoria Wells, KD King- the list goes on an on. The fabulous Sistahs of Color Reading Group is the host book club,and Laura Parker Castoro is the host author. Oh yeah- I'll be there too, if you're interested ;) - I'll be speaking and signing under both my pen names.

I have attended two previous Slams (2008 in Chicago and 2011 in Baltimore), both of which were fantastic. A plethora of great workshops, parties, and networking opportunities happen at the Slam. The environment is so friendly, probably because serious readers love authors, and we authors love them right back.

As I get myself together for this year's Slam,I thought I'd share some photos from the 2011 event in Baltimore. Can't wait to see my RSJ buddies again!

Until Next Time,
Kianna/Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment