Monday, October 1, 2012

Growth and Expansion (Get Your Mind Outta the Gutter!)



Hi, Y'all,

I told you I'd be back soon with more news, right? I'm working hard on so many projects and blogs, but I'm determined to keep up. So, here goes!
For all of you who have a reader that's not a Kindle or Nook, I've heard your voice! I'm currently working on making all my titles available on Kobo and All Romance Ebooks! That means more formats for you, the reader, to get the books you want. Also, ARE will distribute my books to the iBookstore- hey, everywhere I can get my books, I'm doing my best. That is, except for Smashwords. Other author friends report low sales there, and the whole "honor system" thing they have pertaining to piracy doesn't really do it for me. However, I do this for the readers, so if you want Smashwords versions of my books, please let me know, either in the comments, or on FB or Twitter. Trust me, I'm listening.

I'm interested in getting my books in front of as many readers as possible. To that end, I am also pursuing contracts with two well established publishing houses. I will not name names, as it is too early in the process to do so. I love the control of self-publishing, but I'm also into diversifying. I know each house has it's own, established, unique fan base, and by being published with them, I can tap into their audience, who might otherwise not even know I exist.

I'm also striving to book more signings. I usually only do two in person signings a year, one at the RSJ conference, and one with my local RWA chapter. This year, I'm on tap to do three, and I have a goal to do four to six signings and events in 2013, including the Hot MAMA Land Fly Hat Society Luncheon. (We are still ironing out the details on that one.) I will post my 2013 schedule here in December, so you can plan to see me if you so desire.

So, now you know what I'm working on, in terms of career growth. I'd love to hear from you. What are you working on right now to change your future? It can be in any area of your life. Feel free to share in the comment section.

Until Next Time,
Kianna

No comments:

Post a Comment