Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting Ready for RWA






Hey, Y'all,
Right now, I'm embarking on my trip to Atlanta for RWA nationals. It took me a while to pack, because, well, I'm just not that put together. I debated for weeks about what to put in my bags. I know the conference is business casual, so I'm not going to be rocking my usual yoga pants-and-sneakers combo. (Hey, I'm a writer. I get extra credit for getting out of my PJ's!) It will probably end up being a mixture of dresses, skirts, slacks and blouses, that I can mix and match into something presentable.
I'm very excited about the learning opportunities, as well as my agent pitch. But I'm also glad I'll get to spend time with Beverly Jenkins, who's like Queen Mother of African American historical romance. Nobody does it like Beverly does, and I get "up under" her as often as I can. She has so much wisdom and encouragement to share, and besides that, she's just an all around great person.
I'll be taking lots of pictures, some of which will probably wind up on my Facebook and Twitter feeds, so go ahead and "like" and/or "follow" me so you can keep up with my adventures.
Well, I can't stay long. I have to finish packing, and prepare my husband's "One Week Without Mom" survival kit. You know, first aid supplies, electrical tape, a fire extinguisher, and non-perishable foodstuffs. :) I'm sure they'll be fine.

Until Next Time,
Kianna

No comments:

Post a Comment