Saturday, July 20, 2013

Swingin' Saturday: Favorite 80's Songs

Hey, Y'all,

Folks who've known me longer than an hour know that music is my next favorite thing after writing and reading books. Maybe it's because each song evokes a memory or feeling for me, like life's very own soundtrack. Maybe it's because most music starts out as poetry.

Maybe it's because I can't resist the urge to jump up and bust a move. :)

Anyway, today I'll regale you with a selection of my favorite 80's music. I was born into this colorful decade, and I've gotta say, the clothes and hairstyles might have been something we want to forget, but the music was pretty awesome. Or, rad, as it was called back then.

First up, it's the Human League with their song, Human. Anybody who's been near a television lately has probably seen those insurance company commercials that point out our tendency toward clumsiness and causing accidents. The commercials are pretty clever, and they reminded me how much I liked this song.


Next up, it's Don't You Want Me by Jody Watley. I'm a big fan of Shalamar- not the perfume, but the 70's group consisting of Watley, Howard Hewitt, and Jeffrey Daniel. When Jody went solo, she unleashed an awesome torrent of pop songs that were truly  music to my ears. I loved her attitude, those giant hoop earrings, and that fashion sense.








Last, but not least, is Wishing Well by Terrence Trent D'Arby. I think he's going by some other name these days. Anyhow, the song is just so catchy I don't see how you could not like it.

Well, that's it for today. Hopefully you enjoyed my little musical trip down memory lane, because I'll be doing it again.

Until Next Time,
Kianna

No comments:

Post a Comment