Thursday, September 26, 2013

Falling Leaves- and Falling in Love

Hey, Y'all!



As of a few days ago, it's officially my favorite time of year, fall. There are so many reasons I love this time of year. And I'll tell you now, none of them have to do with all the pumpkin related products at Starbucks. While I love coffee and tea, pumpkin just don't move me. :)

Anyway, I love the changing colors of the foliage. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic, I love the drop in temperature- it's a much needed reprieve after August, when temperatures and humidity are so high you'd swear the pavement is melting. It's a great time of year for one of my favorite activities: porch sitting. That's right, y'all. My porch is cluttered most of the time, but I can sit on it with the best of 'em.

Another reason to love the season: I was married on the last day of summer so I started my life as a Mrs in the fall. It's been a decade, as of last week, since I married Strong and Silent. We've had our ups and downs, faced a lot of health issues with our oldest child, and gone through a whole bunch of mess courtesy of his employer. Still, I wouldn't trade him in for a shirtless Idris Elba. If you've known me longer than five minutes, then you know that's saying a lot.

So, here's to fall. Get on outside, enjoy that beautiful foliage, and if you've got a porch, sit on it like the royalty you are.

Until Next Time,

Kianna

No comments:

Post a Comment