Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Event Recap: My Visit to the Harnett Co. Library

Hey, Y'all,
Happy Wednesday! Hope your day is as awesome as all my readers. :)
I thought I'd give a brief recap of my visit this past Saturday, April 20, to the Harnett Co. Library in Lillington. I have to say, I had so much fun I forgot to take pictures. Sorry, y'all. :{

The room was set up beautifully when I arrived, with chairs for readers to listen to me speak and read from my books. I credit Barbara McLean, my liason at the library, as well as her staff members Heather and Mark, for the preparation that went into it. A beautiful full color poster was displayed right in the entrance, advertising me and my books. It was so pretty I asked to bring it home, and it's now hanging on my office wall.
I had expected to do a couple of readings and talk a bit about the writing process, but as is so often the case in this business, things didn't go as I planned. The gathering was more informal, instead of people sitting and waiting for me to entertain them, people walked up to me and engaged me in conversations about various things. Some wanted advice on breaking into writing, others wanted to know where I got my ideas and how I had managed to complete so many books. I shook a lot of hands, passed out a lot of bookmarks, sold some books, and generally had a good time. All in all, it was totally worth the 50 minute drive up 401 to get there, and I will certainly be going back.

 I'd like to thank Barbara, Heather, and Mark again for their hospitality, and I'd also like to thank all the people who stopped by for a snack, a quick word, or for whatever reason. I truly, truly appreciated each and every connection I made.

So, how was your weekend? What do you have on tap for the coming weekend? Let me know in the comment section- I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment